More Justice, Less Poverty
The Legal Aid Justice Center has been providing legal representation for low-income individuals in Virginia since 1967. Our mission is to serve those in our communities who have the least access to legal resources. Read more about our mission.
After some fantastic events in Charlottesville, Richmond and Northern Virginia this fall, we are making our year-end push to ensure that we are able to continue helping as many people as possible. Stay tuned for updates on what we are doing to help refugee children arriving in Virginia and how we are helping enroll Virginians to receive affordable health care.
Please support our work! Thank you.
News & Media
- Jan 20 2015Making Eviction a Last Resort
- Jan 8 2015Report: Achievement Gap Widens
- Nov 26 2014Plaintiffs Settle Fluvanna Prison Health Care Case
- Aug 13 2014RPS Improves Language Policies for Families
- Aug 7 2014Inappropriate Use of Restraint & Seclusion in Schools
- Jun 19 2014“Child Find” Complaint Filed in Petersburg
- May 30 2014Legal Battle Against Zombie Debt Collectors
- Apr 29 2014Immigrant Clients Win In-State Tuition
- Feb 12 2014JustChildren Helps Exonerate Innocent Youth
- Jan 16 2014Powell Fellow Joins JustChildren